Asian Studies Association is a club at Magnet High whose goals are to recognize and celebrate the various Asian cultures at our school, to build our community with numerous service opportunities, and to bring people together, to make new friends with common backgrounds or interests.
Simultaneously a culture club, ASA is also focuses on serving the community, offering service opportunities throughout the school year.
Examples of regular service opportunities include:
• Landscaping for the Asian Gardens at the corner of Common St. and Milam St.
• Working at LSUHSC Student Union Center's Chinese Mid-autumn festival
• Working at the First Baptist Church Chinese New Year Celebration
• Working at the First Baptist Church Thanksgiving Celebration
• Displaying talent at ASEANA foundation's Spring Festival
• Working at the NWLA Food Bank
In the course of the year members of ASA will learn about the different cultures at Magnet and take an active role in appreciating their heritage by showcasing their knowledge, dedication and talent to the school and citywide community.
One does NOT have to be Asian to join.
Sponsor | Robert Trudeau